Overwhelmed, underappreciated, worn out, and lonely–that’s how I’ve been feeling lately. My list of daily responsibilities has grown to an all-time high, and I’ve been feeling buried in the avalanche. Through prayer, The Lord has told me to let go of several responsibilities. The smaller ones have been easy to drop, but I have a few that are rather large obligations that can’t be let go of overnight. I need to find someone to step into the role, and I’ve been having a hard time finding the right person or remedy for the jobs.
I know God’s timing is everything, so I am trying to wait patiently. However, there are days when the responsibilities get the best of me and the tears flow like a fountain. The Father has been gently nudging me and reminding me that He is walking with me through this season. In fact, some days He has helped me laugh through each trial. Really…some days this week I didn’t even get frustrated at situations. I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed. I felt like a bird soaring over the problem rather than sitting in the midst of it.
He reminded me of freedom He brings, and how much He values me as His child. The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the scripture in Our Father’s Word from Matthew 10:31 – “Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” If you know anything about me, you know I adore birds. I have multiple bird feeders in my front and back yards. My favorite place is my back porch, where I can sit for hours working while I watch and listen to the birds that visit. In fact, I even named our family business “Treasured Sparrow”.
I am treasured, and so are you. Our Father wants more for us than the misery that we oftentimes wallow in. Life throws all sorts of obstacles in our way, but He longs for us to take His hand and soar over them or sometimes even through them. Sometimes I need more than just the thought of His love for me–His Word is a constant reminder of how much Our Father values us. I pray these scriptures encourage you, and that you allow Him to hold you in the palm of His hand today:
- John 1:12 – But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
- Romans 5:8 – But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- 2 Corinthians 12:10 – For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- Isaiah 43:4 – Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.
- Luke 12:6-7 – Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.
- Zephaniah 3:17 – The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- Ephesians 1:3-5 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.
- Isaiah 41:10-14 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I am the one who helps you, declares the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. …
- Romans 8:35 – Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
- Song of Solomon 2:4 – He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.