Love is. . .
- nail scarred hands and a cross on a hill called Calvary.
- living a life of gratitude and obedience to God for all that He means to us.
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16.
- a husband & father who after working hard, comes home, sees his family’s need and takes the initiative to fulfill it.
- a wife and mother who selflessly cares for her family.
- the toothless smile on a baby’s face when she sees her daddy.
- a handful of daisies picked for a mommy by a little boy with dirt smudged cheeks.
- unconditional support and encouragement from mom and dad.
- cookies baked with care from grandma.
- a fishing trip with grandpa.
- brothers and sisters walking hand-in-hand.
- friends who lift you up in prayer.
“Love is the seed of all hope. It is the enticement to trust, to risk, to try, and to go on.” Gloria Gaither
“It is when we come to the Lord in all our nothingness, our powerlessness and our helplessness that He then enables us to love in a way which, without Him, would be absolutely impossible.” Elizabeh Elliot
“Love is an attribute of God. To love others is evidence of genuine faith.” Kay Arthur
“If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.” 1 John 4:12
“But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13