Does anyone else ever feel like dinner time sneaks up on you? Or as if you’re just making the same things over and over again?
Recently, I’ve been feeling as though I’m in a cooking rut, so to speak. And while I have a Pinterest board full of recipe ideas, most of them, when I start to really look at the recipes, sound a little too time intensive for my season of life.
With school getting ready to start, I’ve found that it’s extremely helpful to have a simple menu plan that can last me for two weeks. A few days ago I sat down and wrote out two weeks worth of dinners, and I thought I’d share it with you all, just in case anyone else could use some dinner planning inspiration.
1. Cheese Tortellini with salad.
2. Refried Beans and rice with tortilla chips and veggies on the side.
3. Whole chicken in the crockpot, with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots and broccoli.
4. Black bean and cheese quesadillas served with corn on the cob and a salad.
5. Baked Ziti served with some homemade bread(made in the bread machine) and some veggies.
6. Spaghetti and Meatballs
7. Cilantro lime chicken tacos, served with rice and salad.
8. Chicken breasts in the crock pot with some cream cheese and Italian seasoning and a few tablespoons of butter thrown in. We love this with broccoli and mashed potatoes.
10. Stir fry with chicken or beef(I usually just cook the meat, and then throw in some frozen vegetables, rice, and soy sauce.)
11. Pot Roast with mashed potatoes & carrots.
12. Omelettes with smoothies(and maybe some pancakes to go with it;)
13. Chicken quesadilla casserole(double it, so that you can freeze one for later!)
What are some of your favorite dinners to serve your family?