*UPDATE* This giveaway is now closed.
(Watch the video if you want to see me all giddy over the Phonics Museum Curriculum and why I think it is a spectacular resource…you’ll see some lovely art from the kit as well)
Friends, we have a wonderful giveaway for you today.
Veritas Press is generously giving away an entire Kindergarten/First Grade Combo Kit of their Phonics Museum reading curriculum to a Raising Homemakers reader!!!!!! We’re talking two years of reading curriculum here.
The Phonics Museum (which is based around classical education) not only teaches your child to read, but also engages their mind with fine art. Reading and art are intertwined in the curriculum, which is what I love so much about it. As your child explores letters and sounds and vowels and all the phonic concepts (including learning to write), they will also be exploring art through the “phonics museum” that a family goes through during the course of the curriculum (fascinating, right?!).
“The student will enter the world of phonic reading by following a young boy and his family on a scavenger hunt through a museum, experiencing the wonder of art while discovering letter sounds.” -Veritas Press
The other thing I adore about the curriculum is the content of the primers/early readers (all 31 of them!). The books, filled with biblical and historical content, are worth reading. You will read books about Martin Luther, Ben Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, Daniel and the Lions Den, fathers of the faith, and many more inspiring, interesting stories.
What all comes with the Phonics Museum Kindergarten/First Grade Combo Kit?
- Two years worth of curriculum – four sturdy workbooks – two student workbooks and two teacher’s manuals (kindergarten and first grade)
- The museum game board with game pieces
- 31 primers
- Puzzle piece letters
- Beautiful art covered flashcards
- Step-by-step Lesson Plans
- Deck of game cards
- CD with original songs to help facilitate phonics concepts
“We LOVED the K program. But be warned: it’s totally classical education and comes with a big thick workbook. For all of our hands-on, face-in-the-wind learning we do, we also love a couple of good workbook pages every day. Yes, I actually wrote that: we love workbook pages. And The Phonics Museum has lovely ones.” -Laura, 10 Million Miles and RH contributor
So, how do you get your hands on this Combo Kit for FREE? Simple.
*To be entered to win, just head on over to VertiasPress.com, check them out (they have curriculum from preschool through 12th grade) and then come on back and leave a comment below. This is only thing you have to do to be entered – everything below is optional. 🙂
Of course we’re going to let you earn extra entries. Each one of the below things you do (and leave a separate comment for) you will receive an extra entry (which helps your odds because the winner will be drawn via random.org).
- Check out the amazing Veritas Press self-paced online history courses (click on the blue square where it says, “Self-Paced Online History Courses” to watch the video – it’s really cool!)
- Write a post on your blog about the giveaway and link back here
- “Like” Veritas Press on Facebook
- “Like” this post on Facebook
- Email friends about this giveaway
- Tweet this (you can copy and paste): “I just entered to win a FREE Phonics Museum curriculum worth $210 at RaisingHomemakers.com! #VeritasPress #homeschool”
- Put the Raising Homemakers button on your blog (see sidebar)
*Leave a separate comment for each thing you!
This giveaway is open until Friday, the 18th at 9pm EST. The winner will be announced on Saturday, the 19th.
Good “luck!” 🙂
Receive FREE shipping on the Phonics Museum this month by using code: “Phonics Ships Free” in the special instructions box during checkout.
By Sarah Mae, Like a Warm Cup of Coffee